Not all of us may be happy about it but, like it or not, the fall season is upon us.
Fashionistas can take solace in the fact that cooler weather means hot new styles, so it’s time to rock those autumn looks. If you’re looking for a professional look, the specialists at Astor Vance can help you get suited up for the fall. Here are some of the best suit choices for the coming season.
- Houndstooth: Defined as a duotone textile pattern of broken checks, the houndstooth suit is a classic that seems to never go out of style. For an updated take on a timeless look, add a modern cut that features a skinnier leg and lapel.
- Plaid: No longer considered old fashioned, plaid has come into itself in the 21st century in a big way. With a modernized cut, plaid can give you a professional look with just the right amount of edge.
- Pinstripe: Though once considered a rigid look, the pinstripe suit has become versatile and modern. It can work for professional situations and dinner parties. For more casual looks, pair your pinstripes with a polo shirt, or sport the jacket with a sweater, jeans and sneakers.
- Herringbone: So named because of its resemblance to a fish skeleton, the herringbone pattern is one of the easiest for men to wear. A step above the charcoal suit, this is another design that can work with a full suit or when the jacket is paired with jeans.
- Tweed: Tweed is another great choice in suit fabrics, bringing back a vintage look. Although some may think of it as an itchy, stodgy fabric, there are several style icons who have worn tweed quite well. It is also highly durable, wind and water-resistant and offers great insulating properties. Go for a full tweed suit, or pair your jacket with jeans and a turtleneck for a more casual look.
- Donegal: Typically hand woven, Donegal often presents a more luxurious take on traditional tweeds. With the right cut, the Donegal suit can make for a flawless finish.
- Flannel: Though typically thought of as a more casual fabric, flannel is becoming a great suit choice as well. Not only is flannel comfortable, it’s also durable, warm and affordable.
- Sharkskin: With a smooth texture and two-tone appearance, the sharkskin suit offers an impeccable appearance to those who wear it. It is also light weight and wrinkle resistant.
- Charcoal: Charcoal is a great suit color that withstands the test of time. Bridging the gap between black and gray, charcoal will convey a professional, that is not overly formal look.
- Navy: Navy is a great staple color for any wardrobe. Not only does it make for a classic suit choice that can work for a variety of occasions, but the pants of a navy suit can easily be paired with a coat from any other suit.
- Brown: Brown is always a great color for the fall. The warm, neutral tone will work well with almost any tie and dress shirt choice.
- Tan: Yes, we know what they say about wearing light colors after Labor Day…but we don’t have to listen! Winter lights are a great way to make your professional look a subtle stand out.
If you are starting to think about getting your wardrobe together for cooler temperatures, these are some great options to consider. Think about what’s hot for the coming season, and then visit your Astor Vance specialists to see how the latest looks can work for you. Embrace the fall with these hot suited fashions.